From good times, including belly aching laughs and embarrassing moments to the downs of heartache, bad days and good ole crying sessions (Yes, even you dudes) they were there. They have supported you throughout your life and continue to on your most important day…
Let’s give it up for the devoted crew of bridesmaids & groomsmen who have rocked your wedding…
Il nostro amore è eterno
Italian is considered the romance language so it would be fitting that Elizabeth & David’s story would begin in Italian class.
Even though they shared a class Elizabeth admits, “I did not even know his name.” She nicknamed him “Macaroni Boy” after making homemade pasta for a class presentation. Their real love story began after both separately studied abroad in Florence a few years later. The two remained an item through the rest of their studies at NYU even going on to attend St. John’s Law School together.
Elizabeth recalls, “I knew he was the one when he joined me along with 35 family members in celebrating Christmas Eve dinner. Not only was it special to have him meet the extended family but it was also the first time we exchanged “I love you’s”.”
After celebrating their 5-year anniversary at River Café in Brooklyn the couple went for a stroll. It was there, under the Brooklyn Bridge that David asked her to be his.
Elizabeth & David were married April 27th 2013 @ St. Agnes Church in Rockville Centre NY. Elizabeth cascaded down the aisle in an Edgardo Bonilla gown from Kleinfeld’s with a pair of blue Jimmy Choos. The festivities continued at the New York Botanical Gardens with flowers by Xquisite Flowers and music by Generation Events. The couple had two special details created by family members. Hand carved cutting boards made by Elizabeth’s cousins, (The Cutting Board Project) was given to each guest while David’s father’s homemade wine graced each table! What lovely treats!
Thank you Elizabeth & David for sharing your story while Honeymooning in the Cook Islands & New Zealand!! You Rock!
TOP 10 TEN TIPS FOR FLAWLESS “GETTING READY” IMAGES…
We would like to think that it’s a piece of wedding cake to get ourselves dolled up for the big event but let’s keep it real ladies…it takes work!
To help you make the most of your pre wedding moments we have compiled a list of our top 10 tips to help your big day preparation go off without a hitch!
1) Time Management – Leave plenty of time to get ready. More often than not this is what allows you as the bride and us as the photographers able to make the most of our time. In turn, we will together, create those fashion, editorial styled beautiful images.
2) Hair & Makeup – We strongly recommend locking in the right team! Make sure you have worked with your team before the big day. We also suggest you having them arrive earlier than you would initially think as they will always run a few minutes if not more over the “scheduled time”
3) Detail Shots — Have your invitation handy along with your gown, jewelry & shoes…. We like to capture them alone and then of course on our beautiful bride
4) Bridal Party – Same rules apply for your bridal party. Make sure to give them an earlier arrival time, as there is always one or more who are running late. Make sure they are dressed and ready to go so they can help you with your dress and anything else you may need.
5) Photography & Videography – Have your photo/video team to come at the tail end of you getting ready. Make sure the time is secured prior to your wedding day!
6) The Setting – Having a stellar environment is key to making use of the space we have to work in. Keep the room neat & tidy minimizing clutter.
7) Personal Touch – Add an element that reflects you such as beautiful accessories, shoes or cool sneaks for him!
Get Inspired – I know we are the professionals but we encourage you to thumb through some fashion magazines for ideas and motivation! Go ahead channel your inner model…… we dare you.
9) Relax – No matter how stressful the day is if the above is not being met you have to remain calm, as it will show in your photos. Keep in YOUR GETTING MARRIED TODAY!!
10) Have Fun – This is after all a celebration isn’t it? You are marrying the love of your life so have a blast with your family & friends and all will be revealed through your images!
One of our favorite parts of a wedding is our couples “first look”. It is such an honest and emotional moment between a bride & groom.
We feel truly honored to capture their elated expressions at the sight of their wife/husband-to-be. The nervous excitement disappears once they embrace one another and all that remains is the realization that they are on their way to becoming Mr. & Mrs.
Join us in celebrating this moment…
Ok we know, we know this is long overdue…..
We would like to dedicate this blog to the one necessity that is welcome to take up space in our NYC closets, the cherry on top of all perfectly put together ensembles… And coming in close second to the dress, the absolutely essential pièce de résistance, THE SHOES!!!
As our fashionistas have proven over and over again, nothing completes the perfect look more than rocking a fabulous pair.
So without further ado… We present The Shoes…